Shop with confidence, your satisfaction is GUARANTEED!
Witch Hippie Spearmint 100% Therapeutic-Grade Essential Oil 15ml
- Customer Reviews (0)
Spearmint 100% Therapeutic-Grade Essential Oil 15ml
Spearmint Essential Oil (Mentha spicata) (also known green mint, or our lady’s mint) is steam distilled from the flowering tops of the herbs. Spearmint Essential Oil is sourced from the USA and is Therapeutic Quality.
Spearmint Essential Oil is a milder, gentler cousin of Peppermint essential oil. Spearmint has a significantly lower menthol content (0.5%) compared to Peppermint (40%). As a result, Spearmint essential oil is less bracing than Peppermint, but still has many of the same properties with a clean, refreshing scent, a sweeter startm and a more floral finish.
Spearmint Essential Oil has been used to relieve the symptoms of headaches such as pain and nausea, and to combat fatigue, nervousness, and digestive complaints. It has carminative, cephalic, emenagogue, antiseptic, antispasmodic, and restorative properties, and has also been used as natural insecticide.
Spearmint Essential Oil blends well with tea tree, rosemary, basil, eucalyptus, clary sage, lavender and marjoram, as well as with other mints to create a more complex minty scent.
Spearmint Essential Oil can be irritating to the skin, so it is important to dilute (5%) in a carrier oil (95%) such as fractionated coconut, or sweet almond oils for muscle massage; or dilute with evening primrose oil for neck, shoulder and temple massage for migraines or headaches.
Main Natural Constituents:
Spearmint Essential Oil contains alcohols, esters, oxides, hydrocarbons, and ketones; it’s main components include menthol, alpha-and beta-pinene, linalool, caryophyllene, cavone, cineole, limonene, and myrcene.
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.